Controls Engineering – HVAC/PLC
Working closely with systems and controls engineering, this position is primarily responsible for development and implementation of process and control strategies for HVAC in commercial/industrial buildings to enable existing electrical load and generating assets to provide ancillary services for a smarter grid or renewable energy sources.
- Study operating HVAC sequence for commercial/industrial buildings and provide inputs to design control narratives to implement ENBALA sequences
- Design electrical installation architecture drawings and specifications
- Participate in discussions with sub-contractors and clients to walk-through the specifications and control narratives
- Carry out remote testing of the implemented solution
- Prepare accurate estimates of cost and labor required to execute HVAC projects
- Identify and develop vendor relations to support procurement function
- Keep the project manager/controls engineering manager updated on the progress of implementation, challenges
- Develop & maintain project technical documentation standards
- Minimum 4-year graduate degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering; Instrumentation/Controls major is preferred.
Experience, Education, Aptitude:
- 2-3 years control system programming experience, in commercial/industrial HVAC or building automation on Delta Controls or Alerton or Johnson Controls METASYS or Siemens APOGEE systems
- Knowledge of Allen-Bradley/GE-Fanuc PLC programming, SCADA, DCS systems would be desirable but not necessary
- Should have past experience communication framework design with Modbus and/ or BACnet
- Experience in electrical regulation services would be an asset
- Should possess working knowledge of AutoCAD or Microsoft Visio for engineering drawings
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- High-level computing skills, sound working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in team environment in a small, rapidly growing company
- Proven capability of working on multiple (2 to 3) simultaneous installations
- Willing to travel in Ontario and U.S. North East
To apply or to acquire more information about this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add the title of the job in the subject line of your email.