INSTRUMENTATION & CONTROLS ENGINEERS & TECHNOLOGISTS
This position involves working closely with systems and controls engineering,
this position is primarily responsible for:
- Development and implementation of process and control strategies to enable existing electrical load and generating assets to provide demand-side energy management services.
- Providing technical support to sales driven customer acquisition initiatives.
- Perform site audits of large commercial and industrial facilities to determine inherent process flexibility, storage and controllability of their electrical loads and processes.
- Implement control strategies to integrate loads into ENBALA's Smart Grid platform, respecting the equipment's primary performance requirements.
- Specify facility integration requirements including: network communications, power metering and control system programming.
- Generate scope of work for technical data and tender packages for electrical installation, controls programming and network integration details.
- Identify and develop vendor relations to support procurement function.
- Conduct commissioning of facilities and project manage integration into ENBALA's network.
- Develop & maintain project technical documentation standards.
- Provide Technical Sales Support regarding facility equipment and process suitability for ancillary services participation.
- Deliver effective customer presentations and generate technical sales proposals and cost estimates.
Experience, Education, Aptitude:
- 2-5 years process and controls design experience, preferably in municipal water and wastewater facilities, industrial HVAC systems and industrial processing equipment.
- Hands-on experience with Modbus TCP, BACnet or LONWorks, OPC and in general any industrial Fieldbus.
- High level of computing skills, sound working knowledge of MS Office applications and knowledge of PLC, SCADA, DCS systems.
- Thorough knowledge of using AutoCAD to generate IE&C drawings.
- Diploma or degree in Chemical, Electrical or Controls disciplines.
- Proficient oral and written (English) communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to work within a multifunctional team in a fast growing/changing company.
- Proven capability of working on multiple (3 to 5) simultaneous projects.
- Proven excellence in customer presentation and management skills.
- Willing to travel extensively in Ontario, Eastern Canada and US North East.
Interested candidates should forward their resumes: