Last updated: September 12, 2018
The following are the types of information we collect:
Information you give us:We receive the personal information you provide to us when you use the Site such as your answers to any questions you provide. If you provide information directly to us in other ways, such as by sending us an email, we may retain that information and add it with the other information we have collected from you. We may also collect personal information that is necessary for our legitimate interests, which will be disclosed to you at the time of collection. We will use this information for the purposes of which it was collected.
Information from third parties: We may receive personal information about you from other sources, such as our business partners or from individuals who refer you to us. We may also receive information about you from third parties, including marketers and advertisers. We may add this information to other information we collect from you. For example, your Utility Provider may provide us with your historic energy usage information so that we may present more meaningful information to you and personalize Services for you in a meaningful manner.
Automatically collected information:We may receive and store certain types of information from you each time you use the Site or Service. For example we may automatically log your browser type, language preference, the date and time of your visit to the Site, your time zone, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and the website you visited before our Site. In addition, we may receive and store information about your use of the Site and Service, including, for example, the pages you visited, and the length of your session. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Site or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Other.We may also use clear gifs or other data files or identifiers to collect information for statistical purposes and to improve and develop the Service we provide. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are placed on a hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We use Google Tag manager to cache images on your device for faster loading speeds. We also use Google and Facebook conversion pixels to gain visibility into the success of our advertising
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We do not respond to browser-based “do not track” signals. Some third party sites who push content to our Site may keep track of your browsing activities over time and across different websites when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you.
USING AND DISCLOSING INFORMATION
- To operate and improve our Site and Services;
- To confirm that you are an actual person and not a bot;
- To facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network and identify you as a user in our system;
- To respond to any questions or concerns that you may have;
- To send you marketing, promotional communications, upgrades and special offers related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of ours or our third-party companies;
- To monitor the usage of our Site and Services;
- For market research, analytical purposes, project planning, and product development;
- For troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against errors, fraud, or other criminal activity;
- To better understand your needs and provide you with more personalized Services;
- To fulfil other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law;
- To third-party contractors that provide services to us and are contractually bound to safeguard your personal information (i.e., website hosting providers, payment processors, log monitoring analysts, forensic data scientists, user data analysts, marketing assistants, and other service providers for legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law);
- To third parties for their own marketing and promotional purposes.
- To our wholly-owned companies and affiliates (including without limitation any affiliated non-profit organizations), which may be outside the United States;
- To third parties in connection with any merger, acquisition, reorganization, change in capital structure or sale of all or part of the business or makes a sale or transfer of assets of Enbala;
- To third parties designated by you with your express consent;
- When we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to comply with law, protect or defend our rights or the rights of other users of our Site or products or Services, or act in an emergency to protect someone’s safety; or
- Otherwise with your express consent.
We may create non-personally identifying anonymous or aggregate data from the information we collect and information provided by third parties. We may use that anonymous or aggregate data for our own purposes or disclose it to third parties in our own discretion.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort designed to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We follow reasonable standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. ACCORDINGLY, WE CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOUR INFORMATION IS COMPLETELY SECURE AND SAFE FROM SUCH RISKS OR THAT IT WILL BE SECURE TRANSMITTED OVER THE INTERNET. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ENSURING, GUARANTEEING OR OTHERWISE OFFERING ANY DEFINITIVE PROMISE OF SECURITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR INFORMATION. Please contact us if you have any questions about security of our Site.
HOW TO REVIEW, MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive information from us or would like to update or change your personal information or preferences, follow the instructions below to review, modify or delete your personal information.
- To modify the information you have provided during registration, please login and update your personal settings on the Site.
- To unsubscribe from a promotional email, please follow the instructions in any email you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you transactional communications, such as those about the Service you use, to fulfill orders you have made, to ask you to rate a Service you use, or event you attended.
- If you have submitted information through the Site, and you would like to review, request changes or have that information deleted from our databases, please contact us by email at: email@example.com, or phone at: 866-957-3672.
If you request your registration information be deleted or if you unsubscribe from communications, we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, as required under applicable legal obligations, or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or access. Notwithstanding the prior two sentences, if the laws in your state provide you with additional protections, or require us to comply with more stringent obligations to provide you with, remove, or correct your personal information, we will comply with such legal requirements.
When updating or deleting your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with applicable.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Enbala retain your personal information:
- For so long as needed to provide you with Services or to fulfill our contractual obligations;
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; and
- For so long as is necessary for the purposes for which we collected such personal information.
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone at: 866-957-3672. If Enbala needs, or is required, to contact you concerning any event that involves information about you, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
If you have a data privacy complaint, please contact us by email at: email@example.com, or phone at: 866-957-3672.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concern.
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which Enbala have disclosed certain information collected in connection with this Site and Service during the preceding year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request and include the name of this Site, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA VISITORS
Enbala is based, and this Site is hosted, in the United States of America. If you are from a country outside of the United States of America with laws governing data collection, use, and disclosure that may differ from U.S. law and you provide personal information to us, please note that any personal information that you provide to us may be transferred to the United States of America. By providing your personal information, you hereby specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the collection, use, and disclosure set forth herein. Where we transfer your personal information from the EEA to recipients located outside the EEA who are not in a jurisdiction that has been formally designated by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection to receive personal information, we do so on the basis of standard contractual clauses. You may request a copy of the relevant standard contractual clauses by emailing us at: email@example.com.